Thursday, January 26, 2012

STILL WRITING

It has been a while since I last posted on this blog.  I am still writing....that is the good news!  Over the months since I last posted, I have been receiving those large brown envelopes in the mailbox from the same nice agent.  I make the revisions and send them back.  She returns them with more notes and we repeat the process over again.  It was far more discouraging in the beginning than now.  I can actually predict (a feeling I get) when I know there will be something in the mailbox.  I can now say that I open the box, see the envelope with my handwriting on it, and actually do not cringe inside.  Maybe I am becoming immune to failure?  
Actually...it isn't failure.  The agent keeps asking me to resubmit after I make the changes.  And I can say that I welcome critiques...from all sources. Whatever makes my writing better and increases the possibility of actually becoming a published author...I am open to it.  With that being said, I know that I will always take the ideas that are positive and will help my story and exercise the right to ignore those that won't.
I am also blessed to have two incredible critique partners....Kim and Alisa.  Without them, I would be lost.  They keep things honest and bolster the spirit when I ask why should I put myself through this?  
I have nine books now....have entered contests that have yet to be judged....and am still hoping the agent will want to take me on and help my characters find their place in the published world.  Until that time.....I keep writing!

No comments: